Sometimes, my “little” sister amazes me. When it came time to throw a Birthday Bash for my 2-year-old niece, Miss Kaydence Rose, my sister went with her Mommy Instinct and let a princess do what a princess does best; call the shots. Because she’s 2, Kaydence wanted her birthday to revolve around one of the most magical things in her world: Cheese. I can’t say I blame her. She’s 2, but obviously enlightened! Cheese makes the world go round!
We had to get cheese fit for a true cconnoisseur so we reached out to Sartori Cheese, our hands down favorite cheese company and little Kaydence is expecting a very special delivery!
We’ll be sampling 5 different Sartori Cheeses at the party, some of them cooked into ooey gooey dishes for the guests! One of my personal favorites is the MontAmoré®
Like a new romance, this sweet, creamy and fruity cheese begins with a deliciously inviting appearance and finishes with a playful, tangy bite. It is named with deep affection for the gorgeous Dolomite mountains that tower with breathtaking beauty above the Sartori hometown of Valdastico, Italy. Prepare to fall in love.
With may of Sartori’s cheeses, they have some delicious recipes online that are both simple to make and packed with their delicious cheeses! For Kaydence’s party, we’re making this easy, 8 ingredient Mac n’ Cheese!
You will need:
2 cups whole milk
2 cups Half and Half
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/4 cup whole milk
8 oz. elbow macaroni, uncooked
2 1/2 cups Sartori® MontAmoré® cheese, small crumbles
Then bring it all together:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan bring the 2 cups of milk and Half and Half to just below a simmer, about 185°.
- Add cheeses, white pepper, & salt—whisking continuously. Bring to a simmer.
- In a separate small bowl combine starch & 1/4 cup milk. Add 1/4 cup of cheese mixture into starch mixture. Add starch mixture into saucepan of cheese sauce.
- Combine pasta & cheese mixture. Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake 15 minutes. Let sit a few minutes before serving. Optional: Sprinkle additional MontAmoré® atop and melt.
Aside from delicious, cheesy food, we’re also decking the place out in stunning pastels with gold accents and a homemade Cheese Wedge Pinata! I’ll have a how-to on that here shortly, so stay tuned!
You can find Sartori Cheese at HEB & Whole Foods here in Texas, but if you’re not sure where to look, check out the “Where to Buy” page on their website! If there isn’t a store near you, request your store carry Sartori! You won’t regret it!