Animoto is a website where you can take your images and create fun, colorful videos with them. It’s really easy to navigate and so far, I’m really loving the finished product. Animoto approached me to try out their website so I decided to put together a little “sample video” with some Instagram photos. Check it out below
This video took no time at all to create! With Animoto, you can upload photos from your social media sharing sites (facebook and Instagram are the ones I use the most) directly into your video. There is no need to search through files to get those photos. You can also add web images by URL. Using THAT method, I put together the video below using logos of all of our sponsors of our AMAZING Valentine’s Day Event!
I personally think these videos are adorable! I did choose the same music set to both of mine, but this song is actually their most popular selection and I can see why! It’s fun and soothing all at the same time. I adore it!
Getting these together was SO easy. I chose a theme, selected my song and put some photos in (using downloads, etc) you can also put in blocks of text and play around with the speed and length of your video. The rep for Animoto told me I would catch on quick because it was a really intuitive program and I couldn’t agree more. I just played with it for 5 minutes or so and now I feel like a pro. The hardest part is showing these videos here was uploading them to YouTube if that tells you anything! Animoto is SO very user friendly.
Animoto videos can be donwloaded (with Pro or Plus accounts) or shared through email and social media at the click of a button. They currently have about a dozen video themes available through the Plus account (which is what I have). Plus accounts cost $2.50 a month or $30 billed all at once for a year. You can also get a Pro account for $20.75 a month. Or $249 a year. I haven’t gotten to play around in a Pro account, but I have to say I’m DYING to.
The Plus account I did receive has been so fun to play with. They’ve got a few Valentine’s Day themes and songs available now so it’s PERFECT for putting together a little love montage for that special someone. While in both my videos I chose only images, it’s super each to add in video clips as well!
Here are a few quick tips Animoto sent over for getting started:
“1. Song Choice – Animoto has a huge range of songs to pair with your video, but if you want to add another layer of personalization, upload one of your favorites from phone or computer.
2. Mix it up – Photos alone in Animoto videos look great, but to add another dimension to your clip, add in your favorite video clips for a more stunning visual presentation.
3. Download the app – If you have pictures saved on your smartphone, make sure you’ve downloaded the Animoto app and make a video on-the-go! You can share your video directly to Facebook and tag your friends.
4. Use your Instagram photos – When creating your video, don’t forget that you can use the Instagram photos you’ve taken to add to your video!
5. Get social – You can upload your videos to Facebook and tag your friends, share your video on YouTube, pin them to Pinterest…chances are we can help you share your video where you want!
6. Take a creativeLIVE class: Many professional photographers and users of Animoto Pro teach free classes online sharing their expertise with workshops on everything from family and event photography to using Photoshop. If you’re interested in diving a little deeper and honing your photography skills, take a class online!”
You can join Animoto for a free account at anytime. There are special features that would remain “locked” unless you decided to upgrade BUT before you do that, why don’t you enter below for your chance to win one of 5 Plus accounts! Get ready for Valentine’s by making your first video all about your Valentine
If you make a short 30-second video and share it on your Facebook (and leave us a link to it, letting us know!), you’ll get 25 extra entries!